Leaf

Leaf

Thursday, August 30, 2012

Got Tagged Again

I was tagged by Anna of Barefoot Arrow Song, a nice blog of Elvish taste.
Let me answer her 11 questions then.
Let me not list the rules though, because I will have to break four out of five anyway: I will answer, but I won't tag anyone this time.

Ok, let's go.
Here are the eleven questions I'm supposed to answer:
1. If you could meet your death at the hand of any fictional character, who would be your worthy opponent?
2. What kind of character would you be in a science fiction epic?
3. If you decided to be a super villain, would you win? Why or why not?
4. Pick a plant - tree, flower, herb, or something else flora. Now character sketch: What is his/her personality as a human?
5. What's an unpopular opinion you hold about music?
6. What do you do with notebooks/sketchpads/journals/diaries/similar once you've filled them up?
7. Your doorbell rings. Surprise! It's me! What is your first thought/action?
8. What book/movie/show do you love that you wouldn't recommend to anyone else?
9. You offer a shivering eight-year-old stranger your coat. She smiles at you, and you're not sure if it's a nice smile or a cruel smile, and runs away. You stick your hands in your pockets only to find something in them that wasn't there before. What is it?
10. What is the loveliest voice to fall asleep to?
11. Did you ever get excited when you found out two people you know (or know of) know each other? If so, who?


1 - He has to be intelligent, so no women and no superheroes. Jorge of Burgos I think. 
2 - An extremely contradictory hero.
3 - No, I can't win. I will succumb the moment I show a spark of humanness and vulnerability, and the audience will feel sorry after all.
4 - Nettle. An itchy character, people keep out of his reach, until, for some fateful twist in the plot, they are  forced to deal with him.
5 - That The Beatles suck for the most.
6 - Store them in my bookcase, somewhere safe, so that I can access them whenever I need to. And have them burned with me when I'm no more.
7 - Look, it's late, I'm tired, I was going to sleep. Come back tomorrow, ok? SLAM.
8 - A movie: The Cook, The Thief, His Wife, and Her Lover by John Greenaway.
9 - Money. Yeah, sorry but, money. A lot of money. As shallow as it may sound.
10 - Sean Connery's.
11 - Why should I get excited if I'm not involved?

Well, that's it.
That's it, right?
Yea, that's it.




13 comments:

  1. I thought those questions were rather difficult, but you handled them very well. Have to disagree about the Beatles though, but that may be a generational thing.


    Lee
    A Faraway View

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lee, well, yeah, they weren't easy. But as long as you handled hard tasks with humour, fun is guaranteed!
    Ahm, The Beatles, right, no, it's not generational, not in my case. I generally tend to like groups from the 60s, 70s, and 80s and I really am not into the garbage produced now. So, a while ago, aware of my uncommon lack of interest over The Beatles, I thought I would have to listen carefully to everything they produced. So I did. And, with a few exceptions, I could not get to like them. I guess it's just personal taste.
    Thanks for your comment!

    Anna,
    An appreciative smile is better than a compliment.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever answers, Jay! Very entertaining. Loved the super villain answer! And I've never liked the Beatles either! I pretended to when I was a teen & my friends thought they were everything (I'm 31 now, so it was a Beatles come back) But I never dug them. Maybe it's like Lee said--generational thing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great Morgan,
      So I'm not alone disliking The Beatles!
      If you like the 60s and 70s, it's not generational I think.
      They were definitely a cultural phenomenon; as such, they deserved - and maybe they still do deserve - a lot of attention. But when it comes to their artistic skills, I personally believe they were mediocre.

      Delete
  4. I have to agree with Lee about the Beatles. Brilliant!
    But I do agree about Sean Connery's voice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give you that Heather,
    But let's focus on Sean Connery: brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Erm...you lost me with your answer to the no.1 question! But then I'm only a woman!

    Take care
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kitty,
      Well, ok, I'll make you happy: maybe I could be a member of the inquisition interrogating and accusing Joan of Arc in George Bernard Shaw's play. Or maybe Batman Vs. Catwoman (Michelle Pfeiffer).
      You're always welcome to my blog. Even if you're woman!

      Delete
  7. Jay! So woman & superheroes aren't intelligent AND the beatles suck? !!???!!! !!?!! !!!!!???!!!!!???!!!! On the other hand, I found your choice of Sean Connery to be very intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Try an early B side like "Yes It Is", or a later ballad such as "For No One". Beautiful unsullied pop. If you don't like these, then you'll never like the Beatles and you should go round ringing a bell. (joking....) Loved the questionnaire!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can't go to heaven if you don't like the Beatles. Repent!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Raquel,
    I have to admit I do like a couple of Beatles songs, but it's not enough to make me like them altogether.
    I knew we'd agree on Sean Connery!

    Tony,
    Yea, like I said, a few songs are alright...
    But I love Queen! Doesn't that mean anything?
    Thanks for stopping by!

    Dan,
    If Freddie Mercury has gone to hell, then that's where I want to go too.

    ReplyDelete